The Catalyst Women’s Service
The Catalyst Service provides support to help women to progress by:
- ensuring a woman-centred approach for individuals and their specific life challenges
- providing help and support to meet women’s individual needs
- helping them overcome difficult experiences in their lives
- building self confidence, skills and community engagement
The service explores opportunities for women to engage with the community through:
- volunteering on community projects
- volunteering/work experience
- education and training
- career development and wellbeing
We also provide mentoring support, delivered by a team of female volunteers who are sensitive to any past violence or abuse. The support is provided on a 1-1 basis, with a carefully selected volunteer. Support can be provided by attending interviews, emotional support, goal-setting, signposting, lifestyle changes.
Group support sessions are run throughout the year and will cover a range of well-being subjects such as Indian head massage, Aromatherapy and Personal Safety.
“My volunteer is lovely and I felt really well having her as a mentor, so, I want to say thanks again to you for introducing me to her.”
This service is funded by Brelms Trust